Top 3 Benefits of Meditation
Let's get to the point, it's been said if you want to get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done. Meditate on that! Seriously, I firmly believe that these 3 wellness killers can be controlled if you incorporate meditation into your daily routine...NOW! There are many benefits of meditation but here's 3 for you to consider:
1. Find a quiet spot in your home, office or outside.
2. Sit with your back straight, getting as comfortable as possible.
3. Breathe in slowly, breathing out deeply but gently. Repeat.
4. What comes to your mind? Make a point to stay focused and not let your mind drift off thinking about affairs of the day.
5. Stay quiet and reflect at least 10-15 minutes. You may be surprised what comes to your mind. Don't be too hard on yourself. If you are not accustomed to quiet stillness, it may be a challenge for you. Perhaps start with 5 minutes and then work your way up.
The goal is to be consistent and put it into your daily routine. In the ever-changing COVID-19 world, our health and wellness is more important than ever. Follow the simple steps above and discover how your physical, mental and spiritual health improves! If you need additional help with this, don't hesitate to reach out.
And please share with us on our social media, how meditation has helped transform your overall health and wellness. We'd love to celebrate with you!
Yoshida J. Kirkwood, PA-C
AVOW Health and Wellness